2020-2021 Winter CSA!! Still Shares left for our Greenstar Pickup
2020-2021 Winter CSA Shares are now available!
Sign up by paying with the Paypal buttons that are on the bottom of this page or send a check to the farm. 9732 Route 96 Trumansburg, NY 14886
2020-2021 Winter CSA
This year we are offering a 'sampler box' which will be delivered to a few drop off points including the vestibule between the entrance of Atlas Bowl SOLD OUT! and McCune Physical Therapy in Trumansburg, and at Greenstar in Ithaca. For those of you who would enjoy a small share of basic winter produce this is a great option. We unfortunately will not be distributing in our barn this winter due to Covid. We will miss huddling around the the wood stove together this winter, but hopefully by next winter it will be safe to do that again. We do anticipate selling out our shares this year. If you are interested please sign up soon!
We will deliver an assortment of vegetables in a box each week. It will include "staples" like potatoes, carrots, kale, onions, garlic, winter squash, and green house greens like spinach along with a one or two other vegetables like fennel, beets, kohlrabi, hakurei turnips, parsnips and a few others.
Here is a list of vegetables you can expect in a Winter Share:
- Carrots, Red and Gold Potatoes, Onions, Garlic, Leeks, Butternut Squash, Acorn Squash, Spinach, Green Kale, Lacinato Kale, Red Russian Kale, Parsley, Cabbage, Napa cabbage, Watermelon radishes, Purple Daikon, Beets, Hakurei Turnips, Celeriac, Kohlrabi, and a few others.
"The Sweet Land Winter Sampler is like getting a box of summer in the middle of winter. There's nothing better than seeing that beautiful green kale on a snowy white day, and bringing heat into the kitchen with perfectly cured garlic and pungent onions. Getting that fresh food is the highlight of my week: it tastes SO MUCH BETTER than store-bought vegetables. And the Sampler is the perfect size for our family." -CSA CUSTOMER REVIEW-
We really do enjoy getting to run a Winter CSA. It is very fulfilling to supply you with food through the year, and it helps provide some winter work for our employees. Thank you so much for making this farm REAL! We are deeply grateful to you. We enjoy staying connected to the members through the winter and are happy to provide a source of healthy, local sustenance in the off-season. Winter shares may be purchased anytime until sold out.
Winter Share in Vestibule between the entrance of Atlas Bowl and McCune Physical Therapy 2020-2021
Winter Share at Greenstar 2020-2021 Boxes will be in the corner of the cafe
- We will deliver an assortment of vegetables in a box each week. It will include "staples" like potatoes, carrots, kale, onions, garlic, winter squash, and green house greens like spinach along with a one or two other vegetables like fennel, beets, kohlrabi, hakurei turnips, parsnips and a few others.Distributions are Wednesdays from noon until 8pm(closing) and Thursday 8am to noon in the back corner of the cafe.
- There are 7 distributions and a share pays for 6, so there is one built in 'miss'.
- If you forget your share it will be donated to a local food bank on Friday.
- Distribution dates are as follows: 12/2, 12/16, 12/30, 1/13, 1/27, 2/10, 2/24.
- The share will be packed in a 1/2 bushel box. All boxes will be stacked in the back corner of the cafe against the wall and by the bathrooms.
- The Winter CSA box share is $160 - you can send a check to Sweet Land Farm 9732 Route 96 Trumansburg, NY 14886 and please include your email address so you can receive farm updates.
- You can also pay the entire amount through Paypal. We do include a convenience fee of 3% to cover our cost. The cost with the convenience fee is $165.
- You can also sign up for a share through the Healthy Food For All Program. Just select the link.
- You will also receive an email newsletter with each delivery that includes recipes and descriptions of the produce in the box. You will also have access to a recipe website www.cookwithwhatyouhave.com that contains hundreds of fantastic recipes and other ingredients that go well with your produce. Check out a sample email from our Winter CSA last year.
- It is the member’s responsibility to know when the winter distributions are taking place.
HFFA (Healthy Food For All) shares are now available! Click this Link to fill out the Join Form. Then come back and pay for the remainder with the Paypal Button, or make arrangements to pay via check, cash, or ebt payment.